[GRASS5] Next steps for GRASS

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Mon Jan 7 19:16:42 EST 2002

Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> > Does this mean that I should do that on "MAIN" and must only fix
> > bugs on release_branch ?
>
> That is the idea.
> As it obviously did not happen as envisioned,
> we have to do the merge first,
> before we can branch again.
>
> If you think about a code change, which is
>
> 	Completly experimental and not of immediate relevance:
> 		Consider adding it to grass51
>
> 	If a critical bug: consider release branch
> 			   Ask Markus.
>
> 	Default: MAIN

Right now, the CVS trunk is a bit of a mess; it hasn't been actively
maintained since the branch was created in April.

I'd like to merge the changes back into the trunk ASAP, but I'm still
waiting on confirmation.

Until then, keep local copies of anything which isn't committed to the
release branch. Code which is added to the trunk may inadvertently get
removed or reverted by the merge (it should still be in CVS, but it
might not be straightforward to determine what's what).