[GRASS5] Next steps for GRASS

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Jan 8 03:47:12 EST 2002

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 12:16:42AM +0000, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Bernhard Reiter wrote:
>
> > > Does this mean that I should do that on "MAIN" and must only fix
> > > bugs on release_branch ?
> >
> > That is the idea.
> > As it obviously did not happen as envisioned,
> > we have to do the merge first,
> > before we can branch again.
> >
> > If you think about a code change, which is
> >
> > 	Completly experimental and not of immediate relevance:
> > 		Consider adding it to grass51
> >
> > 	If a critical bug: consider release branch
> > 			   Ask Markus.
> >
> > 	Default: MAIN
>
> Right now, the CVS trunk is a bit of a mess; it hasn't been actively
> maintained since the branch was created in April.
>
> I'd like to merge the changes back into the trunk ASAP, but I'm still
> waiting on confirmation.

Before we merge back, we should clean old stuff from the experimental
trunk. Example:

Do we need
documents/grass6vector_api/
? In a file which I can't find now (but Glynn has a copy) those delete
candidates are identified. We may have to discuss those, delete them
or a subsecion and finally merge back.

[...]

Markus