[GRASS5] Let's release GRASS 5 pre3

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Tue Jan 8 16:21:57 EST 2002

Hi Markus,

Markus Neteler wrote:

> Hi developers,
>
> before we go into merge troubles, I suggest to release
> GRASS 5.0pre3 as last action on the current release_branch.
>
> Any objections?

No, i agree to release pre3 ASAP.

> However, three fixes are listed (sorry, I don't want to pressure
> anyone!):
>  - r.water.outlet (doesn't sometimes produce proper results,
>    being worked on by Roger Miller)
>  - s.hull, s.delaunay, s.voronoy (Andrea Aime)
>  - v.in.shape (David Gray)
>  - anything else?
>
> So maybe later this week we can tag the pre3.

I have the following changes pending (not checked in CVS):
- rework of some of the problems of binaryInstall.src, there are some
problems with wrong return values checking etc.
- update for Solaris packaging in pkg/*
- change to d.erase (has yet to be tested)
- bugfix for d.extend (does not work if nothing is displayed on monitor)
- change to d.text so that text is re-drawn if monitor is resized
- fix for d.title
- some text editing in README.cygwin, REQUIREMENTS.html and other files

Perhaps i find time to work on some other bugs from the bugtracker list
at the end of the week, but i can not promise.

Andreas
url: http://mitglied.tripod.de/AndreasLange
mail: Andreas.Lange_at_Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange_at_GMX.net