[GRASS5] Let's release GRASS 5 pre3

Helena hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Tue Jan 8 16:10:01 EST 2002

Andreas Lange wrote:

> Hi Markus,
>
> Markus Neteler wrote:
> >
> > Hi developers,
> >
> > before we go into merge troubles, I suggest to release
> > GRASS 5.0pre3 as last action on the current release_branch.
> >
> > Any objections?
>
> No, i agree to release pre3 ASAP.
>
> > However, three fixes are listed (sorry, I don't want to pressure
> > anyone!):
> >  - r.water.outlet (doesn't sometimes produce proper results,
> >    being worked on by Roger Miller)
> >  - s.hull, s.delaunay, s.voronoy (Andrea Aime)

Andrea, I ran s.voronoi with sites from contours generated by r.contour in
a zoomed in
region for Spearfish and I got some really messy results. I did not have
time to investigate
(s.voronoi runs fine with random data), so it may be just the data, but you
may want to try it
to see whether s.voronoi performs as desired.

> >  - v.in.shape (David Gray)
> >  - anything else?
> >
> > So maybe later this week we can tag the pre3.
>
> I have the following changes pending (not checked in CVS):
> - rework of some of the problems of binaryInstall.src, there are some
> problems with wrong return values checking etc.
> - update for Solaris packaging in pkg/*
> - change to d.erase (has yet to be tested)
> - bugfix for d.extend (does not work if nothing is displayed on monitor)
> - change to d.text so that text is re-drawn if monitor is resized

I noticed that legend does not get redrawn either, it may be the similar
problem

Helena