[GRASS5] Want GNU libavl ?

Andrea Aime aaime at libero.it
Mon Jan 21 03:48:31 EST 2002

Mmm, I'm planning a full rewrite of s.voronoi, s.delaunay
cause the original Fortune algorithm implementation is not
commented and a bit difficult to read, moreover comp. geom.
textbooks tend to give a sligtly different description of the
alghorithm... I need a priority queue and a balanced tree and
I was considering using the code available at www.purists.org
were also an AVL tree is available...
Should we put togheter a little container library for GRASS
that could be statically linked into the executables? As far as
I remember a b-tree implementation is already in the GRASS cvs,
maybe a more complete library would be useful and could be included
in GRASS 5.1...
Best regards
Andrea Aime