[GRASS5] Some strange HTML online output

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu Jan 24 08:50:24 EST 2002

Markus Neteler wrote:

> while looking at the HTML man pages:
> http://grass.itc.it/gdp/html_grass5/html/p.map.html
> http://grass.itc.it/gdp/html_grass5/html/p.map.new.html
>
> some strange output occurs:
> Menu for /gdp/html_grass5/html/p.map.html
>
>           html
> [an internal server error occured]
>
> Obviously these pages are treated as something different
> (PHP?).
>
> Any ideas to solve this? The HTML code is o.k., I think.

It doesn't matter whether or not the HTML code is OK. Even if you give
a ".html" extension to a file of completely random binary data, it
shouldn't cause an internal server error.

My suspicion is that the server has been configured to treat any
filename which contains[1] the string ".map" as a server-side image
map.

[1] as opposed to ending in ".map".