[GRASS5] GRASS in Debian

Federico Di Gregorio fog at initd.org
Thu Jan 24 20:42:49 EST 2002

Il ven, 2002-01-25 alle 02:13, Markus Neteler ha scritto:
> > Maybe some developer should give Federico a hand. I don't know if he
> > know about this list.

no. :)

> > One main argument to clarify the license of GRASS in 1999
> > was that clearly making a Free Software project will booth the
> > chances that it get packaged by distributions and attracts more developers.
> > Both seems to be happening, though it takes some time.

there some big problems in packaging grass. my pre-release of the deb
some months ago did not attracted all the interest i though and there
was just a couple of beta testers. with no input and not using grass
full-time, its very difficult to make a good and releaseable package of
such a big application.

> Looking at
>  http://people.debian.org/~fog/
> shows that he is obviously using beta8... That's a long time ago.
> Maybe he wants to try pre3 :-) ?

i'll base my next package on it and let you know.

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio
Debian GNU/Linux Developer & Italian Press Contact        fog at debian.org
INIT.D Developer                                           fog at initd.org
  Qu'est ce que la folie? Juste un sentiment de liberté si
   fort qu'on en oublie ce qui nous rattache au monde... -- J. de Loctra