[GRASS5] grass 5.0.0pre3 debianized

Federico Di Gregorio fog at debian.org
Sat Jan 26 07:49:25 EST 2002

hi *,

i am uploading now a very alpha deb package for grass to

	http://people.debian.org/~fog/

note that this package was built in a hurry to give you all that wrote
me some material to work on. it is in shape that is even worser than the
old 5.0.0beta7 i worked on some months ago because of the changes to the
sources and build system in the meantime.

some questions:

        1. debian does not want preformatted man pages. i have a patch
           to allow for inclusion of unformatted ones but, where should
           i out them? /usr/man with .1grass extension or the usual
           grass place?
        2. the package is currently 30Mb, so much better to split it but
           how? in the past some people wrote me asking for a
           subselection of commands, but about everybody wanted a
           different set of base commands!
        3. hard links are not allowed in debian packages, but that's my
           problem :)

please, test this package and send comments and patches,
thank you very much for your interest,
federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio
Debian GNU/Linux Developer & Italian Press Contact        fog at debian.org
INIT.D Developer                                           fog at initd.org
                     I came like Water, and like Wind I go. -- O. Khayam