[GRASS5] VPF/VRF open source libriary

Jan-Oliver Wagner jan at intevation.de
Mon Jan 28 11:20:25 EST 2002

Hi Bjørn,

On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 10:59:12AM +0100, Bjørn Roald wrote:
> Anybody have any pointers to existing "free" code supporting the vector
> format known as VPF (or VRF when as part of the DIGEST standard).  This is
> the vector format used in the Digital Chart of the World (DCW) and various
> other NIMA products, as well as products from other sources.
>
> I am aware of NIMAMUSE, have used it for years.  I am also aware that NIMA
> has discontinued its support for this "open source" application.  Are any of
> you aware of any attempt to get NIMAMUSE sources releasable to GPL/LGPL?
>
> My goal is not simply a viewer or import/export filter.  My intention is
> tools enabling production of full topology vector coverages in VPF.  Any
> ideas or pointers are welcome.

a sound vpf viewer as Free Software would be great.
Currently there is only vhclmaps which is quite outdated
and afaik, OpenMap (Java) which handle vpf.
Links to these and perhaps some more at www.freegis.org.

I am crossposing this to the FreeGIS mailing list, perhaps
some people are also interested in the  development of a GPL/LGPL
vpf viewer.

	Jan
--
Jan-Oliver Wagner               http://intevation.de/~jan/