[GRASS5] VPF/VRF open source libriary

Bjørn Roald bjroal at online.no
Sun Jan 27 04:59:12 EST 2002

Hi all,

Anybody have any pointers to existing "free" code supporting the vector
format known as VPF (or VRF when as part of the DIGEST standard).  This is
the vector format used in the Digital Chart of the World (DCW) and various
other NIMA products, as well as products from other sources.

I am aware of NIMAMUSE, have used it for years.  I am also aware that NIMA
has discontinued its support for this "open source" application.  Are any of
you aware of any attempt to get NIMAMUSE sources releasable to GPL/LGPL?

My goal is not simply a viewer or import/export filter.  My intention is
tools enabling production of full topology vector coverages in VPF.  Any
ideas or pointers are welcome.

----
Bjorn Roald