Baylor "mirror" was: Re: [GRASS5] Re: [winGRASS] some really slooooowwww functions

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Jan 30 03:28:09 EST 2002

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 07:09:21AM +0000, Glynn Clements wrote:
[...]
> Also the Baylor site is out of date; the latest version is 5.0.0pre3,
> but Baylor only has pre2 (and a broken install script).
>
> Can whoever is responsible for the Baylor site at least fix the
> install script.
>
> [1] ftp://grass.baylor.edu/pub/grass/grass5/binary/windows_cygnus/grass5install.sh

A lot of files are outdated at Baylor:

ftp://grass.baylor.edu/pub/grass/grass5/manuals/
 -> Feb 23  2000 (oops)

ftp://grass.baylor.edu/pub/grass/grass5/source/
-> pre2 sources (although pre3 on index2.html)

ftp://grass.baylor.edu/pub/grass/grass5/cygwingrass/
-> should completely disappear Feb 23  2000

ftp://grass.baylor.edu/pub/grass/grass5/binary/
-> one version behind

http://www.baylor.edu/grass/data.html
-> GRASS 5.x: SPEARFISH dataset (still the outdated version)
-> SPEARFISH dataset related documents (incomplete)

http://www.baylor.edu/grass/firsttime.html
-> Last Modified:  Monday, 22-Oct-01

http://www.baylor.edu/grass/gdp/html_grass5/index.html
-> Last Modified:  Monday, 10-Sep-01
   (that's whay also the search engine at Baylor doesn't work)

http://www.baylor.edu/grass/grass5/progmangrass50.pdf
-> 8th October 2001

and so on... Is Baylor GRASS site still maintained? I have written
some emails and asked for updates without response.

Eventually we should at least add "outdated" to the list of
mirrors, it's a potential source of confusion when people
downloading from Baylor get oldish stuff.

As Baylor web master doesn't want to mirror with "rsync" but copies
every file manually, I am not surprised about the differences.

What can we do?

 Markus