Baylor "mirror" was: Re: [GRASS5] Re: [winGRASS] some really slooooowwww functions

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Jan 30 03:46:50 EST 2002

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 09:28:09AM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 07:09:21AM +0000, Glynn Clements wrote:
> [...]
> > Also the Baylor site is out of date; the latest version is 5.0.0pre3,
> > but Baylor only has pre2 (and a broken install script).

> A lot of files are outdated at Baylor:

> and so on... Is Baylor GRASS site still maintained? I have written
> some emails and asked for updates without response.
>
> Eventually we should at least add "outdated" to the list of
> mirrors, it's a potential source of confusion when people
> downloading from Baylor get oldish stuff.

I'll second that.

> What can we do?

Mark the baylor mirror as "potentially outdated" and do not include
it in the premier list of mirror sites.
There is not much else we can do, if they do not respond to
inquiries.

	Bernhard

--
Professional Service for Free Software                   (intevation.net)
The FreeGIS Project                                         (freegis.org)