[GRASS5] Build 5.1 with Sun cc

Mark Sutton mes at lazo.ca
Wed Jul 3 10:07:27 EDT 2002

Hi,
	I'm trying to build cvs grass51 on Solaris 9.
My first pass was with the sun compiler. It stopped first at
lib/db/sqlp/test/test.c complaining about the -static flag. -Bstatic
fixes this. GCC 3.1.1 also stops, since it seems solaris needs some dl
stubs for static linking. Is there some reason this is static?
	The sun cc continues to lib/vector/dglib/helpers.c. at line 79
it suggests this is an invalid cast expression

if ( (pnode = gnTreeNewNode( nodeid , (gnTreeData_u)0 ,
	(gnTreeData_u)0)) == NULL ) return NULL;

The manual says "expression being cast and the type of the cast must
be scalar types". I assume gnTreeData_u is type union? and this is
causing the problem. Is there some way to work around this?

Thanks, mark