[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSLIST:4010] Re: d.zoom compared to d.rast.zoom

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Wed Jul 3 13:46:13 EDT 2002

Radim Blazek wrote:

> Would it be possible to catch keystrokes by
> R_get_location_with_pointer()? It would be also useful to have some
> way, how to break running R_get_location_with_pointer() from GUI.
> (Glynn?)

Actually handling KeyPress events wouldn't be that hard, but:

1. Arranging for KeyPress events to be reported is non-trivial. Button
events are always reported to the window under the pointer, but key
events are normally dispatched according to the keyboard focus, and
focus management is non-trivial.

2. How would they be reported?

3. The modal input model implied by R_get_location_* is a hangover
from the days of the Tek-4015 etc. I'm reluctant to put much effort
into extending it, as it's likely to be the first thing to go in the
event of any significant UI update.