[GRASS5] m.in.e00

Roger Miller rgrmill at rt66.com
Wed Jul 17 18:50:41 EDT 2002

On Wednesday 17 July 2002 12:35, Helena wrote:

> The problem is with floating point attributes - in the e00 file they are
> multiplied by 10
> and when GRASS imports it all FP attribute values are ten times what
> they should be (e.g. soil
> pH is 45 instead of 4.5).
> I was wondering whether the e00 includes information about attributes
> being x 10^1 which
> GRASS ignores.

I'm aware of nothing in the e00 file structure that passes as a scaling
factor.  I've searched the format, but perhaps I'm missing something.  The
best authority I know of for the format is Dan Morissette's paper at:

http://pages.infinit.net/danmo/e00/docs/v7_e00_cover.html

perhaps someone else can find a reference to a scaling factor of some kind.
In the absence of a scaling factor it appears that the values must have been
multiplied by 10 before the e00 file was created.

> I am not sure whether this is related to the #1170 seg
> fault bug or anything
> that Roger has fixed as this is not a particularly big attribute table.

Not related.

> Has anybody had any similar problem?

I didn't notice any such thing with the files I imported recently and most of
those data were floating point.   Because of the nature of the data the
problem might not have been obvious even if it did occur.

Roger Miller