[GRASS5] Outstanding issues for the 5.0 stable release

Morten Hulden morten at ngb.se
Fri Jul 26 07:23:54 EDT 2002

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Markus Neteler wrote:
>
> > > - r.proj needs a clean-up. The improvements coded by Morten Hulden
> > >   are partially disabled (region sensivity etc) which is a major
> > >   drawback. If no general solution is possible, we may introduce
> > >   optional flags.
> >
> > What is the status here?
>
> Both calls to bordwalk() are now controlled by the "-n" switch.

We probably should add some instructions for the the user on when the -n
switch could help. Working with global maps, for instance, bordwalk() does
not help because the whole input map has to be loaded into memory anyway
and there is nothing to trim from the output either.

To the error message 'Input area is outside current region' given by
bordwalk(), we could add something like 'Check your current region
settings, or if this is a global map, try the -n switch'

The message sometimes erronously is given by bordwalk() on global->global
projections (I should try to fix that). Sometimes the user (at least
happens to me) forgot that he has zoomed in on a smaller region in the
location and really is outside the input map. Sometimes the users's
default region borders are just guesswork and completely wrong.

Morten Hulden