[GRASS5] Outstanding issues for the 5.0 stable release

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu Jul 25 20:00:40 EDT 2002

Markus Neteler wrote:

> > - r.proj needs a clean-up. The improvements coded by Morten Hulden
> >   are partially disabled (region sensivity etc) which is a major
> >   drawback. If no general solution is possible, we may introduce
> >   optional flags.
>
> What is the status here?

Both calls to bordwalk() are now controlled by the "-n" switch.

The alternative computation of the destination region, which is more
robust[1] but significantly more expensive, is still disabled. It
should probably be removed; if the existing computation of the
destination rectangle doesn't produce the correct answer, the
computation of the source rectangle will probably be wrong also.

[1] Except that it has a bug. As proj_f() overwrites its input,
ycoord1 would need to be re-initialised on each pass of the inner
loop, along with xcoord1