[GRASS5] [bug #1136] (grass) detailed view of vector maps doesn't work

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Wed Jun 26 16:35:12 EDT 2002

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=1136

Subject: detailed view of vector maps doesn't work

Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
grass obtained from: Other (CDROM etc)
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
GRASS Version: GRASS 5.0.0pre5 (June 2002)

Can't zoom in on vector maps.

d.zoom or manually adjusting with g.region both show nothing at
all if I try to look at details of vector map. If done with d.zoom,
I can Unzoom until I find home base again, and then if I zoom in
on an area that encloses entire orignal region, it works.

I could do this with the pre3 release, except then if I read in
a shape file I had extraneous lines going all over the place.

I'm willing to look into fixing some myself, if somebody can clue
me in a little where to look. Everything looks reasonable up to
the call to redraw() in  src/display/d.zoom/cmd/set.c, I don't
know if I'd be able to figure out that much below there.

compilation -- nothing special. ./congiure, make, make install
(no postgres or fftw)

I can send the data I'm looking at if you want it.