[GRASS5] Outstanding issues for the 5.0 stable release

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu Jun 27 07:46:49 EDT 2002

Markus Neteler wrote:

> - r.proj needs a clean-up. The improvements coded by Morten Hulden
>   are partially disabled (region sensivity etc) which is a major
>   drawback. If no general solution is possible, we may introduce
>   optional flags.

I've committed an update which makes the -n flag control both
bordwalk() calls; it also fixes the error handling.

AFAICT, the remaining issues for r.proj are:

1. Whether to forward-project the entire input map in order to
determine the boundaries of the output map. This code is currently
present (in main.c) but disabled.

2. Whether the sense of the "-n" switch is correct, i.e. whether
cropping should be on or off by default.

3. Whether an all-null output map should really be a fatal error.
While this may seem like a good idea for "typical" interactive use,
special-case behaviour such as this is usually a bad idea for a
"module" of a larger system.