[GRASS5] The status of 5.0

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Mar 22 09:41:06 EST 2002

On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 09:14:53AM -0500, Carl Worth wrote:
> On Mar 22, Glynn Clements wrote:
>  > I've renamed the tag, so any attempts to checkout, update or commit
>  > using the releasebranch_11_april_2001_5_0_0 tag should fail.
>  >
>  > Use "cvs update -A" to update a release tree to the trunk.

> I've oft been frustrated by the many forks of GRASS.

These aren't forks. :)
We need several revisions for the development process.
They should not all be visible to the users.

> It's often been
> difficult for me as a user and as a potential developer to figure out
> which code I should be using, munging, reporting on.

You should always start on the last released tarball versions.
Then there are hopefully source snapshots.

When you get more involved into development, you might be
interested in the http://grass.itc.it/grasscvstags.html
branch overview page.

Markus will update this page soon I think.