[GRASS5] r.colors bug fix

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Fri Mar 22 13:11:27 EST 2002

Glynn,

would you be so kind and implement and submit the following bug fix for
r.colors
in main.c

the ERROR map not found should have cmap and not name.

    170     else{  /* use color from another map (cmap) */
    171         cmapset = G_find_cell2 (cmap, "");
    172         if (cmapset == NULL) {
>>173             fprintf (stderr, "ERROR: %s - map not found\n", name);
    174             exit(1);
    175         }

Currently, when you give
r.colors mymap rast=colmap
and "colmap" does not exist it tells you that "mymap" does not exist.
I always forget about this "behavior" and spend quite a bit of time trying
to figure out why it cannot find "mymap" when it is actually there.
I am probably not alone and the fix should be easy if I identified it
correctly.

thanks,

Helena