[GRASS5] The status of 5.0

Roger Miller rgrmill at rt66.com
Fri Mar 22 12:11:42 EST 2002

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 04:54:52PM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > We really have to think apart from all earlier discussion if we want
> > to continue like that (release branch) or better concentrate on
> > quick 5.0 fixing and enjoying 5.1.
>
> this may well end up with quick 5.1 fixing and enjoying 5.2 ... etc.
>
> It would be a similar style that is performed for MapServer right now and
> people get increasingly trouble with the lack of stable and maintained
> realease or even defined releases I can talk about with others.

Folks,

I like to avoid "me too" posts to lists unless there is some real good
reason for it, and I think there is a good reason.

I agree 100% with Jan. I think that GRASS 5.0 needs to be truly fixed and
completely stable before it's released.  Only bad things can come from
doing a quick release with broken user modules.

Roger Miller
Lee Wilson and Associates