[GRASS5] The status of 5.0

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Mon Mar 25 10:54:19 EST 2002

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 02:59:06PM +0100, Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> Right now we all can add some features and minor enhancements to the
> main branch we are using now. We are in development mode for the 5.0.0 release.
> This will be closed when we create the release branch in
> approximatly 4 weeks (around 22th of April.)

If the plan is to create a new release branch, then why is the old one
being maintained?  I don't understand this, and therefore have only
been using the MAIN trunk.  I have no problem with release branches. I
just don't understand maintaining them ad infinitum in parallel with the
MAIN branch.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>