[GRASS5] m.in.e00 question

Michael Ash mash at econs.umass.edu
Sat Nov 9 05:31:36 EST 2002

I downloaded the following .E00 (ESRI export) files from
http://www.gisdatadepot.com/.  These files are for one country and are
derived from the Digital Chart of the World.

AEPOINT.E00  DNNET.E00    HSPOINT.E00  LCPOINT.E00  PPPOINT.E00  RRLINE.E00
CLLINE.E00   DSPOINT.E00  HYNET.E00    LCPOLY.E00   PPPOLY.E00   TSLINE.E00
CLPOINT.E00  HSLINE.E00   HYPOINT.E00  PONET.E00    RDLINE.E00   UTLINE.E00

I have used m.in.e00 to import the data to GRASS.  I can display the
line and poly files with d.vect and the point files with d.sites.
 However, the labels and categories that were in the .E00 files have in
some cases (the point data files, I think) detached from the data.  For
example, site_lists/aepoint contains the coordinates of airports and
dig_cats/aepoint.aeptname contains the names of airports, but the
categories in the site_lists file do not seem to match the categories in
the dig_cats file.  Is there any way to reunite the labels and the GIS data?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Michael

P.S.  I notice that I am the only poster to grass5 at grass.itc.it who asks questions about use rather than development.  Is there a users list to which I should post instead?  In general, I RTFM and I have a copy of GRASS: An Open Source Approach; so I try not to ask frivolous questions.

--
Michael Ash, Assistant Professor
  of Economics and Public Policy
Email mash at econs.umass.edu