[GRASS5] Re: r.mapcalc x() with no layer in expression

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Mon Nov 11 15:26:58 EST 2002

Dan Jacobson wrote:

> BTW: I see an "&"'s there instead of & , e.g.:
>        Some characters have special meaning to the
>        UNIX shell.  These include, among others:
>
>        * ( ) > & |

This was fixed in later versions. The manpages are generated from the
HTML files using the g.html2man; earlier versions didn't substitute
all of the HTML entities.

> Also:
>    BUGS
>        Continuation  lines  must end with a  and have NO trailing
>
> End with a what?  Can't tell from the manpage [5.0pre1].

There should be a backslash ("\") there.

However, this flaw is still present in the current version. The script
inserts a literal backslash into the manpage source, but backslashes
are interpreted by troff. The script should convert a backslash to
"\e"; hopefully someone who understands perl will look into it.