[GRASS5] Changes between 5.0.0 release and current release branch

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Wed Nov 27 21:29:59 EST 2002

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 04:17:35PM +0000, Glynn Clements wrote:

> There follows a summary of the changes which have been committed to
> the release branch since the 5.0.0 release.
>
> All appear to be either trivial fixes, non-trivial but critical fixes,
> or documentation changes. Although I'm not quite sure about the
> v.out.shape change.

*  Fixes Segmentation Violation when exporting areas.

*  Fixes interior boundary winding (shapefiles have exteriors clockwise,
   interiors counterclockwise) for areas with holes.  AFAIK,
   Vect_get_area_points and Vect_get_isle_points always return clockwise
   polygons. So isle point orders are reversed. Isles will come up
   twice, once as interior and once as exterior. (If my understanding of
   these API's is incorrect, someone please let me know.)

*  Only labelled areas are exported unless the -A flag is given.  This
   makes possible the differentiation between area holes and area
   islands.  With the -A flag, all areas are exported.

--
"...the plural of anecdote is [not?] data."  - attrib. to George Stigler