[GRASS5] g51: v.surf.rst

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Fri Oct 4 09:52:57 EDT 2002

Hi all,

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 09:32:31AM -0400, Helena Mitasova wrote:
> Radim,
>
> Jaro got the v.surf.rst running and results look good, but for more
> complete testing we need a little bit more info. On the grass51 web site
> you have a list of modules that need to be updated, do you also have a
> list of modules that are already done and that you are currently working
> on (so that we are not asking you too many questions?) So far I have found
> the following
>
>       v.ascii  v.category  v.convert  v.surf.rst   v.build  v.clean
> v.mapcalc
>
> and I am writing draft man pages for them (you may expect more questions from
> me).

To make things easier, is there a (simple) way to convert the XML output
from (e.g.)

 v.category --interface-description

to HTML? Then writing pages would be somewhat more 'fun' as all this
parameter/flags formatting got automated. Probably this could be
added to the local Makefile, so that the HTML man pages consisted of

 - part 1: autogenerated after (successful) compilation with
           --interface-description
 - part 2: a manually written description with is attached to part 1

So all the extra work of changing part 1 (params/flags) weren't required.

Just an incomplete idea,

Markus