[GRASS5] [bug #1333] (grass) Using Darwin Interface

Scott W Mitchell smitch at eos.geog.utoronto.ca
Fri Oct 4 12:34:55 EDT 2002

On Thursday, October 3, 2002, at 08:24 PM, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Request Tracker wrote:
>
>> ... First, some of their instructions are for people with
>> a three button mouse. My computer only has one button. Are there key
>> combinations to get arround this.
>
> GRASS itself doesn't provide any such emulation. Check the
> documentation for the X server in case it provides its own emulation;
> the assumption of a three-button mouse is sufficiently entrenched that
> failure to provide an emulation is likely to be a serious problem (for
> X software generally, not just GRASS).

Indeed, and just so the pointer to the answer gets in to the archives,
the
solution for the XDarwin X server you are presumably using can be found
at
http://sourceforge.net/docman/
display_doc.php?docid=5853&group_id=18034#fakebuttons

(above should be all on one line)

Note that I THINK the text in the above is a bit out of date, in that it
says the keys used to simulate the other buttons can not be changed,
whereas in my Preferences menu for XDarwin there is a place to change
them - however, I have a multi-button mouse myself so am not sure.

Scott Mitchell