[GRASS5] [bug #1333] (grass) Using Darwin Interface

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu Oct 3 20:24:32 EDT 2002

Request Tracker wrote:

> I am learning to use GRASS on a G3 PowerBook running OS X 10.2, also
> known as Jaguar. I have been using Neteler and Mitasova's book to help
> in this process. First, some of their instructions are for people with
> a three button mouse. My computer only has one button. Are there key
> combinations to get arround this.

GRASS itself doesn't provide any such emulation. Check the
documentation for the X server in case it provides its own emulation;
the assumption of a three-button mouse is sufficiently entrenched that
failure to provide an emulation is likely to be a serious problem (for
X software generally, not just GRASS).

> Second, can I do the file management
> (move files, make directories (folders), delete files, etc.) in the OS
> X environment with out creating major problems for both environments?

You should be able to manage *files* however you wish. However, GRASS
maps aren't files, and must be managed using the tools provided (e.g.
g.list, g.remove, g.rename, g.copy, or the equivalent tcltkgrass menu
options).