[GRASS5] current release branch

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Oct 10 14:21:33 EDT 2002

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 05:24:54PM +0100, Glynn Clements wrote:
> A couple of the r.mapcalc bugs are pretty important.

> Actually, I was about to commit a batch of fixes to the release
> branch. Basically these either fix significant problems, or fix minor
> problems but are so trivial as to have no potential drawbacks.

Can I take this as pledge for a relatively fast non-critical
release of 5.0.1 based on the release branch?

The alternative would be to finish 5.0.1 up more properly.
We would have one month open development (minor new features,
minor bugfixes) on HEAD than create the 5.0.1 release branch
and go to bugfixing only on this branch and release after a month.

Really important bugs to 5.0.0 could be distributed as patches
in the meantime. So commiting them on the release branch in addition
to HEAD is not a mistake. :)

With the arguments presented to me so far
I still tend to favour the latter approach.