[GRASS5] current release branch

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Oct 14 07:50:19 EDT 2002

On Sat, Oct 12, 2002 at 10:14:14PM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 09:35:15PM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> [...]
> > Otherwise we paralize development too much. At least this was feared.
>
> ... unfortunately (maybe not avoidable) that has already started:

This is not stopping development.
It is splitting it up.

No chance to avoid this and porting and backporting.

> As efforts have been recently started to integrate G3D into NVIZ, we should
> be careful not to end up in a total mess. In my opinion we should hardly work
> on the transition to 5.1.

Yes, sure.

On the other hand, there probably going to be a 5.0.x
release from the current GRASS50 CVS HEAD.
(5.0.1 might come off the old release branch if Glynn can
convince me that we have bad _critical_ bugs in there.)