[GRASS5] GUI for GRASS

Russell Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Tue Oct 15 18:36:52 EDT 2002

Glynn Clements writes:

 > andy agena wrote:
 >
 > > what about gnustep <http://www.gnustep.org/>?  display postscript and
 > > an interface builder so easy, even i'm able to use it.
 >
 > The main problem is that, AFAIK, GNUstep uses objective-C. This would
 > require anyone who builds from source to have an objective-C compiler,
 > and require developers to be able to program in objective-C.
 >
 > A similar problem exists for wxPython, i.e. users would need to have
 > Python installed, and developers would need to be able to program in
 > Python.

Hmmm....  Is there an interface builder for wxPython?  Or more
generally, wxWindows?

I've been having a lot of fun using glade, libglade, and pygtk to
create user interfaces.  The really cool thing is that you can
completely disconnect the user interface from the code that implements
it, so that anybody who can run glade can move widgets around.

So I highly recommend a user-interface designer.

--
-russ nelson              http://russnelson.com |
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | businesses persuade