[GRASS5] ps.map problem

Michael Ash mash at econs.umass.edu
Thu Oct 24 04:56:08 EDT 2002

I am using GRASS 5.0pre3 on Cygwin/Windows

I gave ps.map the following mapping instruction file

sites censusbg
  color red
  size 1
  end
raster onsitegridlogscore
end

ps.map rejects the file with the following message:

PS-PAINT: using default configuration values.
 : illegal color request

If I remove the color instruction from the mapping
instruction file, then there is no complaint and the map is
produced (without the desired color).

If I give the instructions interactively, then there is no
complaint and the map is produced (with the desired color)

Thank you very much for suggestions.

Sincerely,

Michael Ash, Assistant Professor
  of Economics and Public Policy