[GRASS5] Re: GRASS tutorial

Sergiusz Pawlowicz ser at it-zone.org
Sun Oct 27 05:20:01 EST 2002

--->[Quoting Moritz Lennert <mlennert at club.worldonline.be>:]

> > And please notice, that keeping eg. translation up do date
> > of wiki documentation is _very_ hard.
>
> Why is  it harder than  docbook (unless we  use gettext-like
> tools for docbook) ?

Writing  something from  continuosly  changing web  page is  a
horror, is not it?

> > Wiki  web page  is  only  helper to  improve  or get  user
> > feedback, not to write something.
>

> I'm no expert, but I thought that wiki was just that, a tool
> for cooperative writing ?

I do not think that cooperative  writing is the thing we need.
CVS is much better, we could eg. devide the whole tutorial for
people using  chapter, but  I cannot  imagine how  many people
could write one (currently empty) chapter from scratch.

The things will  change if we finish tutorial,  then wiki will
be helpful to allow comments from users.

> the wind out  of the argument against docbook.  But it still
> necessitates cvs write  access. The wiki allows  any user to
> add a comment whenever they want without much hassle.

CVS access  should be  granted to anyone,  because it  is very
safe  and people  cannot  abuse  it. But  of  course  it is  a
required step to use my rendering machine.

PS. Please move this topic only to grass-doc list :-)

cheers - Sergiusz
--
private: http://ibiblio.org/ser/  company: http://it-zone.org/