[GRASS5] [bug #1388] (grass) various v.extract bugs

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Thu Oct 31 11:57:13 EST 2002

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=1388

Subject: various v.extract bugs

Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
grass obtained from: CVS
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources

Hi,

today I found a bug in v.extract: It does not extract the correct vectors.

Eg.: I want to extract category "PS" into a new map.
v.report markveggy.vegtype ty=area  | grep PS
Processing area   396
|329|PS
|387|PS

TEST 1: extract by category names:
v.extract -n markveggy.vegtype output=markveggy.1 type=area new=0 list="PS"
v.report -h markveggy.1 ty=area
[...]
|#|description
|0|no data

==> Oops.No result.

TEST 2: extract by category value
v.extract markveggy.vegtype output=markveggy.1 type=area new=0 list=329,387
v.report -h markveggy.1 ty=area
[...]
|  0|no data
|387|PS

==> Oops.Partially wrong.

Second example: Another category name which appear several times:
v.report markveggy.vegtype ty=area  | grep Wi
Processing area   396
|  2|Wiii
|  3|Wiii
|  5|Wiii
|  8|Wi-Wii-Wiii
|  9|Wiii
| 14|Wiii
| 21|Wiii-Wii
| 43|Wi-Wii-Wiii
|179|Wiii
|181|IFA-Wiii
|193|Wii-Fi-Fvia
|210|Wi-Wii

v.extract -n markveggy.vegtype output=markveggy.1 type=area new=0 list=Wiii
v.report -h markveggy.1 ty=area
[...]
|1|B-Aia-Mod

==> Complete nonsense...
Hint:
v.report markveggy.vegtype ty=area  | grep B-Aia-Mod
|  1|B-Aia-Mod

So it seems to take the first entry in this case.

A bugfix were great, but take this at least as warning to check the
results from v.extract.

Best,

 Markus