Press release draft (was: [GRASS5] GRASS 5.0.0 to be released now)

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Wed Sep 4 02:48:37 EDT 2002

On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Helena wrote:

> I slightly modified (and fixed spelling) in what I have to say.
> I have also added Baylor University, and ibiblio but feel free to skip
> it if you think
> that it should not be there (given the fact that the Baylor site may be
> outdated).
> I used the latest Mike's version as it reads better.

Having followed the versions so far, I think that this one is the one to
go with. I wonder whether "Grass 5 is a free software, the sources of
which ..." could be: "Grass 5 is free software, released under GNU General
Public License, the sources of which ...", as on the website first
paragraph? Perhaps also instead of: "Grass 5 also runs under Microsoft
Windows (R) ... " - "Grass 5 also runs under Microsoft Windows (R) using
the cygwin tools, ..." to avoid looking like a native port. Isn't OSX also
just Darwin? The rationale for the qualification would be to avoid
disappointing people who might expect more than is on offer.

Roger