[GRASS5] s.univar + s.windavg + new code = s.cellstats

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Mon Sep 23 07:54:17 EDT 2002

On Wednesday 18 September 2002 02:24 pm, Helena Mitasova wrote:
> Eric,
>
> zero may be very misleading, so the program should give clear warning that
> there are cells
> with count one and the zeroes in the output can actually mean NaN. There is
> no point
> to spend too much time on this as the sites should be moved to the new
> vector format as soon as it is stable enough (Radim, please keep us
> posted).
>
> Helena
> where NaN is supported.

The new vector format (not so important) / API (more important) is not yet
stable for current upgrade of all v.*/s.* modules, but it is already stable
enough for some tests with modules like s.surf.rst. Such modules require
large data sets (> 10^6 points), which is not quite typical for vectors
(10^5 elements). Here some problems may appear (speed - reading data from
database) and it may influence new vectors before it is stable.
I would appreciate if somebody who knows something about s.surf.rst could
try to upgrade to g51 (Vect_select_lines_by_box should be used instead of
src/libes/rst_gmsl/tree?), I am ready to help.

Radim