[GRASS5] s.univar + s.windavg + new code = s.cellstats

Gordon Keith gordon.keith at csiro.au
Wed Sep 18 23:09:52 EDT 2002

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002 11:49, Eric G. Miller wrote:
> Hmm, I wonder if anyone would find it
> interesting to look at the variance of the means calculated for each
> cell?

That's pretty close to what I actually want it for.

The original sites are depth fixes from a swath echosounder.

I want the average value for each cell to create a DTM (median is
actually better than mean for my application).

I'm then defining training regions over areas of the DTM and calculating
a variety of statistics for all the cells in each region. (mean, std
dev, skew, kurt) x (depth, slope, aspect, profile, tangent) and seeing
if any of these can be used in any way as an indicator of habitat.

Regards
Gordon

--

Gordon Keith
Programmer/Data Analyst

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." Bill Gates, 1981