[GRASS5] Re: [g-doc] Spanish translation

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Thu Sep 26 03:21:08 EDT 2002

On Wednesday 25 September 2002 07:23 pm, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Gettext certainly can be used, I'm not sure that docbook is such a great
> idea, though. It would bring us more burden on the necessary toolchain
> when building grass furthermore docbooks seems complicated.

In summer, I wanted to test 'grass_doc', unfortunately docbook is not
installed on my computer, so I downloaded 8 packages (each from different
site!) and spent some time by compilation. Because I was not able to
compile at least 2 of them, I downloaded .rpm, because I am not
root on my computer I tried rpm -i --root but even so some packages
wanted write to /etc. Our system administrator was on holiday ...

Compare to docbook, grass is just toy for children.

Radim