[GRASS5] compile 5.1/ogr_api.h

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Apr 2 02:55:15 EST 2003

John Gillette wrote:
> I am having a problem with grass51_exp_2003_03_29.  I configure pointing to
> the gdal-config.  The problem is that there are a bunch of files that don't
> get made because they can't find ogr_api.h.  It appears that ./config sets
> HAVE_OGR (in include/config.h) which in turn triggers vect/dig_structures.h
> to include ogr_api.h.  The problem apprears to be that nothing adds the path
> to ogr_api.h.
>
> If I manually add $(GDAL_CFLAGS) which is defined in Platform.make to the
> local make file, this corrects the error.  The problem is that I have added
> this 13 times so far and still going.  I assume this isn't correct.
>
> Can someone help, please?
>
> Red Hat 7.2
> CFLAGS="-g -Wall" ./configure
> --with-grass50=/home/john/grass50_exp_2003_03_29
> --with-postgres-includes=/usr/include/pgsql
> --without-fftw
> --with-dbm
> --with-dbm-includes=/usr/include/gdbm
> --with-gdal=/home/john/gdal-1.1.8/apps/gdal-config

John, etc,

In theory what configure scripts are supposed to do when pointed at gdal-config
is to run "gdal-config --cflags" to get appropriate values to add to the
CFLAGS or similar macro.

eg.
warmerda at gdal2200[127]% ~/gdal/apps/gdal-config --cflags
-I/debian/home/warmerda/gdal/port -I/debian/home/warmerda/gdal/core -I/debian/home/warmerda/gdal/ogr
-I/debian/home/warmerda/gdal/ogr/ogrsf_frmts

or
warmerda at gdal2200[128]% /usr/local/bin/gdal-config --cflags
-I/usr/local/include

If you want GRASS to be able to utilize a built, but not installed GDAL you
would need to update the configure accordingly.

In the meantime John, can't you just do a "make install" for GDAL?   I
think things would work fine then.

Best regards,