[GRASS5] d.vect.chart

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Apr 4 12:17:21 EST 2003

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 06:39:09PM +0200, Radim Blazek wrote:
> http://mpa.itc.it/radim/g51/d.vect.chart_bar.png

Looks nice.

> http://mpa.itc.it/radim/g51/d.vect.chart_pie.png

For piecharts I think we as sensible scientists
should print a warning to people that pies are not good to visualise
quantitative information. They are only good to hide information.

   http://www.usf.uni-osnabrueck.de/~breiter/tools/piechart/warning.en.html

I've once wrote a little piechart program
and when I've dug into the literature for visualisation
I found out that piecharts are not a good idea.
Instead of scrapping my program I added the warning.
If people want to hide information, it might be useful. ;>

--
Professional Service for Free Software                 (intevation.net)
The FreeGIS Project                                       (freegis.org)