[GRASS5] d.vect.chart

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Apr 10 07:39:26 EDT 2003

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 07:17:21PM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
[...]
> For piecharts I think we as sensible scientists
> should print a warning to people that pies are not good to visualise
> quantitative information. They are only good to hide information.
>
>    http://www.usf.uni-osnabrueck.de/~breiter/tools/piechart/warning.en.html
>
> I've once wrote a little piechart program and when I've dug into the
> literature for visualisation I found out that piecharts are not a good
> idea. Instead of scrapping my program I added the warning. If people want
> to hide information, it might be useful. ;>

This is probably worth mentioning in the related man page.

INVITATION:

In GRASS 5.1 each module contains (should, some are not written yet) a file
'description.html' which describes the module in the common way. The
parameters/flags part is generated on the fly and attached to this file.

We kindly invite contributors to write or develop the description.html
files for GRASS 5.1, you may use the existing 5.0 HTML files for that.

If you don't have CVS write access, just send the file to me (or Radim).

Thanks,

 Markus