[GRASS5] 5.0.2 ellipsoid selection

Alessandro Frigeri geoalf at libero.it
Mon Apr 7 12:28:15 EDT 2003

Hello,

I updated today to the current CVS version.  I saw the changes in proj
stuff.  It seems that g.setproj no longer reads from $GISBASE/etc/ellipse.table and datum.table, is it true?

Since I'm working on non-terrestrial bodies' analysis, I have to deal
with 'custom' ellipsoids.

At the moment I'm hardcoding src/libes/proj/ellipse.table and
datum.table  but I wonder if there's a more straight way to specify a particular ellipsoid
(specifying directly a and b or a|b and f and so on) so that also other users can do it without the need to recompile.

Just address me and I'll try to give an hand on this.

Cheers

Alessandro

--
Alessandro Frigeri