[GRASS5] GRASS 5.0.2 released

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Apr 11 06:00:50 EDT 2003

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 11:25:33AM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> GRASS 5.0.2 is released. Thanks to all contributors!
> This new version comes with a couple of bugfixes.

Congrats.
From GRASS 5.0.1 released 28 January 2003
its less than three month. :)

> For details see:
>  http://grass.itc.it/grass5/source/NEWS.html

Would it make sense to write a short release announcement
and send it to places like LWN.net?
The annoucement should shortly explain what GRASS is,
what this version is and when people should upgrade it.
Of course our development line can also be shortly mentioned.

> Related things have been updated on the web:
>  - source code package
>     http://grass.itc.it/grass5/source/

BTW: We should keep the released source tarball around for reference somewhere.
Like for 5.0.0 and 5.0.1.  That is good practice.
Can you put that up Markus?