[GRASS5] GRASS 5.0.2 released

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Fri Apr 11 07:26:56 EDT 2003

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 12:00:50PM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 11:25:33AM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > GRASS 5.0.2 is released. Thanks to all contributors!
> > This new version comes with a couple of bugfixes.
>
> Congrats.
> From GRASS 5.0.1 released 28 January 2003
> its less than three month. :)

Right, but the 5.0.1 was pretty useless, just to stimulate
people :-)

> > For details see:
> >  http://grass.itc.it/grass5/source/NEWS.html
>
> Would it make sense to write a short release announcement
> and send it to places like LWN.net?
> The annoucement should shortly explain what GRASS is,
> what this version is and when people should upgrade it.
> Of course our development line can also be shortly mentioned.

Please start from here:
http://grass.itc.it/announces/announce_grass502.html
(which could be better. The file is in web CVS)

> > Related things have been updated on the web:
> >  - source code package
> >     http://grass.itc.it/grass5/source/
>
> BTW: We should keep the released source tarball around for reference somewhere.
> Like for 5.0.0 and 5.0.1.  That is good practice.
> Can you put that up Markus?

I don't have the 5.0.0 tarball anymore (but it could be easily extracted
from CVS with tag). The problem is the growing web site, we are already
at > 600MB (I think of CDROMs etc). If someone puts the 5.0.0 tarball into

 ftp grass.itc.it
 cd incoming

I'll save them into the source tree (5.0.1 I still have, it's back now).

Markus