[GRASS5] GRASS 5.0.2 released

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Apr 11 09:01:56 EDT 2003

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 01:26:56PM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 12:00:50PM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 11:25:33AM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > > GRASS 5.0.2 is released. Thanks to all contributors!
> > > This new version comes with a couple of bugfixes.
> >
> > Congrats.
> > From GRASS 5.0.1 released 28 January 2003
> > its less than three month. :)
>
> Right, but the 5.0.1 was pretty useless, just to stimulate
> people :-)

Still we should archive it for reference purposes.

> > > Related things have been updated on the web:
> > >  - source code package
> > >     http://grass.itc.it/grass5/source/
> >
> > BTW: We should keep the released source tarball around for reference somewhere.
> > Like for 5.0.0 and 5.0.1.  That is good practice.
> > Can you put that up Markus?
>
> I don't have the 5.0.0 tarball anymore (but it could be easily extracted
> from CVS with tag).

We should try to get a hold of the original one.
Also we should start adding more checksums and gpg signatures on
released tarballs. This would make later integrity checks possible
and be proactive against trojaned tarballs.

> The problem is the growing web site, we are already
> at > 600MB (I think of CDROMs etc). If someone puts the 5.0.0 tarball into
>
>  ftp grass.itc.it
>  cd incoming

You can extract it from the rpm sources from the FreeGIS-CD 1.2.2,
named grass-5.0.0-1.src.rpm.

> I'll save them into the source tree (5.0.1 I still have, it's back now).

Great.