[GRASS5] GRASS 5.0.2 released

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Apr 11 10:45:51 EDT 2003

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 04:17:59PM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 03:01:56PM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> > Also we should start adding more checksums and gpg signatures on
> > released tarballs. This would make later integrity checks possible
> > and be proactive against trojaned tarballs.
>
> Sounds good. But I need detailed instructions how to do that...

md5sum calculates checksums, just include the result in a readme.

As for gpg you need to have a keypair for yourself.
The mini Howtos should cover the basic steps.
	http://www.gnupg.org/documentation/index.html
Hints: Make sure you have a gnupg version >=1.0.7.

After doing this, just a
	gpg --detach-sign filename
will create a detached signature that you can distribute
as "filename.sig" along with the tarball.

Compare to how other project do it:
	http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-announce/2002q4/000255.html
	ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/GnuPG/binary
	http://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-announce/2003q1/000266.html