[GRASS5] FreeGIS-CD

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Apr 14 09:48:03 EDT 2003

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 03:14:33PM +0200, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 02:17:12PM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> > Related to the recent 5.0.2 release we need volunteers
> > to provide binaries for
> >
> >  - SGI/Irix
> >  - winGRASS
> >       - X11 display driver
> >       - generic display driver
> >  - Mac OSX
> >
> > Some RPMs (Linux/x86 and PPC) are probably generated for
> > the next FreeGIS release?
>
> The next FreeGIS-CD (v1.2.3) is in the test period
> and will contain GRASS 5.0.1 to make sure we release stable packages
> with basic testing.

well, this were a pity as 5.0.1 only contains 2 changes. So you better
include 5.0.0 ... :-( But why distributing partially oldish code?

I thought the idea of the release branch is to release stable GRASS.
Now FreeGIS doesn't follow the own ideas of it's maintainers (I remember
that you are strongly recommending branches...)?

> We don't produce PPC rpms anymore, the last FreeGIS-CD for PPC was 1.0.4.
> This is because of the low demand for it.

Ok

Markus