[GRASS5] Problem compiling Grass51

Bob Covill bcovill at tekmap.ns.ca
Tue Apr 29 09:36:06 EDT 2003

Hello,

I grabbed the latest CVS versios of grass and grass51 this morning and
am having problems building grass51.

I have updated and rebuilt grass50, but grass51 does not want to build.
I get the following error about the PROJ library.

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `-lproj', needed by
`OBJ.i686-pc-linux-gnu/b_w_line.o'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/covill/GRASS_DIST/grass51/display/d.where'
make[1]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/covill/GRASS_DIST/grass51/display'
make: *** [default] Error 1

If I jump ahead and try and build another PROJ dependant program such as
g.region I get the same error.

The PROJ test passes in configure.

Any idea what the problem is?

--