[GRASS5] r.in.gdal compile problem

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Sat Aug 9 06:59:41 EDT 2003

On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 10:37:59AM +0100, Paul Kelly wrote:
> I can only suggest to not use an external tiff library when compiling
> GDAL and use the GDAL internal tiff (--with-libtiff=internal
> --with-geotiff=internal or something similar). I think I read
> somewhere there are problems using external tiff libraries with GDAL?

The only problem is that GDAL requires the latest libtiff version
(3.6.0beta2 currently). If you have suitable libtiff installation
configure script should determine and use it automatically, otherwise
internal version will be selected. It should not be any other problems
with libtiff.

					Regards,
					Andrey

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Home phone:  +7 812 5274898  ICQ# 26871517